Is There Any Interest Among Iranian Biomedical Journals and Researchers to Publish a “Letter to the Editors”?
Young Researchers and Elite Club, Islamic Azad University, TehranMedical Sciences Branch, Tehran, IR Iran
1.Brown CJ. Unvarnished viewpoints and scientific scrutiny. Letter to the editor provide a forum for readers and help make a journal accountable to the medical community. CMAJ. 1997;157(6):792–4. [PubMed: 9333525].
- Lovejoy TI, Revenson TA, France CR. Reviewing manuscripts for peerreview journals: a primer for novice and seasoned reviewers. Ann Behav Med. 2011;42(1):1–13. doi: 10.1007/s12160-011-9269-x. [PubMed: 21505912].
- Ghanbari A, Derakhshan-Rad SA. Post publication peer review in Iranian biomedical journals. Galen Med J. 2015;4(1):1–7.
- Coomarasamy A, Khan KS. What is the evidence that postgraduate teaching in evidence based medicine changes anything? A systematic review. BMJ. 2004;329(7473):1017. doi: 10.1136/bmj.329.7473.1017. [PubMed: 15514348
. 5. Tenopir C, King DW, Spencer J, Wu L. Variations in article seeking and reading patterns of academics: What makes a difference?. Libr Inf Sci Res. 2009;31(3):139–48. doi: 10.1016/j.lisr.2009.02.002.
- Iran’s ministry of health and medical education . The new regulations for academics promotion [in Persian] Tehran, Iran: Iran’s ministry of health and medical education; 2013. [cited 2/20/2013]. Available from: http://aac.behdasht.gov.ir/index.aspx?siteid=179&pageid=10063.
- Bhopal RS, Tonks A. The role of letters in reviewing research. BMJ. 1994;308(6944):1582–3. [PubMed: 8025421].
- Florian RV. Aggregating post-publication peer reviews and ratings. Front Comput Neurosci. 2012;6:31. doi: 10.3389/fncom.2012.00031. [PubMed: 22661941].